Female Foeticide Essay
Female foeticide is the termination of a female foetus from the womb of mother through abortion in illegal manner for some assumed cultural reasons.
Long and Short Essay on Female Foeticide in English
Following are some essay on female foeticide in India. All the Female Foeticide essay are very simple and easy, written for students use. Female foeticide is very important topic which students may be assigned to write complete essay or only paragraph during their exam or essay writing competition. Students can select any of the essays on Female Foeticide according to their need and requirement.
Female Foeticide Essay 1 (100 words)
Female foeticide is in practice in India from the time of advent of technological advancements in medical field like prenatal sex determination in the 1990s. However, earlier to this, female childs were killing after their birth in many regions of the country. In the Indian society, female childs are considered as the social and economic burden to their parents so they understand that it is better to kill them before birth. No one understands its negative aspect in the future. The female sex ratio in comparison to the males has been reduced to a great extent (8 males per one female). It is not easy to compensate the sex ratio even if we stop female foeticide completely in the next few years.
Female Foeticide Essay 2 (150 words)
Female foeticide is the removal of healthy female foetus after 18 weeks of gestation from the mother uterus just because the child is female. Parents and society consider a girl child burden over them and understand that girls are consumers whereas boys are producers. There are lots of myths in the Indian society about girls from the ancient time that girls always take and boys always give. This wrong practice of female foeticide is coming from years because of many reasons. However, can be removed by regular practice of following points:
- There should be strong ethical code for the doctors.
- Everyone should be in the favor of removal of sex discrimination and away from the traditional teachings against girls in the society.
- Women should be empowered to deal with discriminatory practices in the society like dowry system, etc.
- There should be immediate complaint registration system for all women.
- Female foeticide awareness program should be run to aware common public.
- Assessment of the status of women (regarding female mortality, sex ratio, literacy and economic participation) should be done on regular interval of time.
Female Foeticide Essay 3 (200 words)
Since the ancient time, women in the Indian society are considered as a curse for their family and society. Due to these reasons, female foeticide has been in practice for many years in the India from the time of technological advancement. According to the census of 2001, female and male ratio has been 927 to 1000. Few years ago, almost all the couple was used of the sex determination tests to know the sex of the infant before birth. And abortion was sure in case of girl baby.
Development of ultrasound technique was the origin of sex determination tests in the early 1990’s. People in the Indian society are used to of giving birth to the child continuously until they get boy baby by killing all the girl baby earlier to the boy. In order to control the population and stop female foeticide, Government of India made various rules and regulations against female foeticide and trend of abortions after sex determination tests. Killing of a baby girl through abortion has been an offence all through the country. Doctors found performing sex determination tests and abortions especially for killing girl baby would be guilty and lose their license. Awareness about the importance of girl child in the society is major weapon to get relief from the female foeticide.
Female Foeticide Essay 4 (250 words)
What is Female Foeticide
Female foeticide is the process of abortion to terminate female foetus from the womb of mother before birth after the sex determination tests like ultrasound scan. Female foeticide and even any sex determination test is illegal in India. It is the shame for the parents who are desperate for a baby boy as well as doctors carrying out abortions especially for this.
Causes of Female Foeticide
Female foeticide have been in practice for centuries especially for the families who prefer only male child. Various religious, social, financial and emotional reasons are also there. Time has been changed now to a great extent however, various reasons and beliefs are continuing in some families. Some key reasons of female foeticide are:
- Generally parents avoid girl baby because they have to pay a big amount (more than their strength) as a dowry at daughter’s marriage.
- There is a believe that girls are always consumer and boys are producer. Parents understand that son earn money for them whole life and care their parents however girls will get married a day and go away.
- There is a myth that son will carry name of family in future whereas girl have to carry husband’s family.
- Parents and grandparents understand their honor while having boy baby in the family whereas shame having daughter.
- There is a pressure on new bride of the family to give birth to a male child thus she is forced to go for sex determination and abortion if girl baby.
- Illiteracy, insecurity and poverty of people in society are main reasons of girl baby burden.
- Technological advancement in the science and utilities has made this very easy for parents.
Female Foeticide Essay 5 (300 words)
Female foeticide is the termination of a girl foetus in the womb before its complete term just because it is female. According to the statistics, it is found that male to female sex ratio is 102.4 males/100 females in 1961, 104.1 males/100 females in 1981, 107.8 males/100 females in 2001, and 108.8 males/100 females in 2011. It shows that number of male per female is increasing regularly. Female foeticide was almost started in the early 1990s on the coming of affordable ultrasound technology in India.
The advancement of ultrasound technology in India came in 1979 however its spread was slow. But became widespread in 2000s. It is estimated that since 1990s, more than 10 million of female foetuses have been aborted because of being girl. We can see that female foeticide has been practiced through the history and cultural background. Earlier, people believed that male babies are superior as they would provide manual labor as well as lead the family lineage in future. Son is considered as family asset however a daughter is a liability.
Daughters are given less respect and priority than sons in Indian society from the ancient time. They did not have same access like boys in the areas of education, healthcare, nutrition, play, etc. In order to combat with sex-selective abortions, there should be high level awareness among common public. Satyamev Jayate, a most famous programme run by the Aamir Khan on TV has done great to raise awareness among common public through its first episode of “Daughters Are Precious”. Cultural interventions regarding this issue are need to be addressed through awareness programmes. Recent awareness programmes like Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, or Save girls campaign, etc have been made regarding girl’s rights.
Female Foeticide Essay 6 (400 words)
Female foeticide is the elimination of girl child after sex determination test from the womb. Girl child is killed before birth just to fulfill the wishes of old members in the family of getting boy baby first. All the process gone under familial pressure especially by husband or in-laws. General reason behind abortion becomes unplanned pregnancy however female foeticide becomes planned by the families. It is the age old practice to kill ever unwanted girl child in the Indian society.
People believe that boys are the key to continue their family lineage however they do not understand the most simple thing that girls are reasons to give birth to new entity in the world not boys.
Reasons of Female Foeticide
Female foeticide is an unethical act has been practiced from old age due to some cultural norms and socio-economic policies. Following are the reasons of female foeticide in the Indian society:
- The important reason of female foeticide is the preference of male child over girl child because son is the main source of income however girls are consumer. There is a misconception in the society that boys are always look after their parents however girls are to left them away.
- Old custom of dowry system in India has put a big challenge before parents which is the main reason to avoid girl child by the parents.
- Low status of women in the male dominated Indian society.
- Parents consider that boys would carry their name ahead in the society however girls are only to handle households.
- Legalization of abortion in India is another big reason for the illegal sex determination and termination of girl baby.
- Technological advancement in the health sector has given fire to the female foeticide.
Effective Measures to Control:
As we all know that female foeticide is a crime and social disaster for the future of women. We should notice the reasons for female foeticide in the Indian society and try to solve one by one on regular basis. Female infanticide or female feticide is mainly because of the sex determination. There should be legal stoppage to get control over it. All the laws should be strictly followed by the every citizens of India. And one should be surely punished if found guilty for this cruel practice. Permanent termination of license should be done if found practicing this. Marketing of medical equipments especially for illegal sex determination and abortion should be stopped. Parents should be penalized who want to kill their girl baby. Campaigns and seminars should be regularly organized to aware young couples. Women should be empowered so that they can be more attentive to their rights.
Varieties of essay on female foeticide given above are written for the range of students studying in classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. Students of any class can select and use any female foeticide essay according to their need and requirement. Apart from this, you can also get other related essays and related information on various topics such as:
Article on Female Foeticide
Slogans on Female Foeticide
Essay on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Speech on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Essay on Save Girl Child
Speech on Save Girl Child
Essay on Importance of Education
Women Empowerment Essay
Essay on Mother
Essay on Child Labour
National Girl Child Day
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme